Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Summer is wonderful for plein-air painters in New England because of the lingering light during later hours of the afternoon/ early evening. It is also often the busiest period. I look forward to a summer with no commitments to shows and exhibits, a promise of freely painting the water-scenes I love. Well, that period is already over for this painter!

In the last week, after painting on the Cliff Walk (Newport, RI), I had to prep for the Bristol Art Museum's "Art Al Fresco" in which artists are able to show their works on the large fence bordering Linden Place. Sunday, the day of the show was a beautiful summer day and I spoke to many art lovers as they strolled the spacious sidewalk. Later, I headed for much-needed refreshment and then back to work in setting up for my show at the East Greenwich Library. Monday Morning I loaded the walls of their gallery space with 19 paintings. And yesterday I performed a portrait demo before a small audience using a live model. Today I am preparing painting surfaces for tomorrow.

I'm heading out to Rockport (Massachusetts) tomorrow for a couple of days of painting and to enjoy a demo by a wonderful artist, David Curtis, at the Rockport Art Association.

Then I'm back on Saturday to Open my show (1 -3 PM) at the East Greenwich Library!

And, yes, did I mention that today I hoped to squeeze off a small work, pleinair, in Jamestown?

No comments:

Post a Comment